Birthright Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greetings to all

2 posters

Go down

Greetings to all Empty Greetings to all

Post  Laela Flaertes Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:03 am

Welcome, one and all, to the presumably epic Birthright discussion board.
Laela Flaertes
Laela Flaertes
Admin

http://www.lookatmyhorsemyhorseisamazing.com/

Back to top Go down

Greetings to all Empty Re: Greetings to all

Post  Laela Flaertes Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:41 am

This forum should be usable now. I've set it up so that new members must be approved by an administrator before they can post. This is probably unnecessary, but it's the internet and I'm paranoid. I might have to make David an admin too in order to keep the DM only section private, can a member try to access it to see if I've set it up correctly? I'd prefer to keep the number of people classified as administrators to a minimum, "too many cooks in the kitchen" would be the appropriate metaphor (take note, Nathan, as I recall you struggling with a similar metaphor). It appears as an admin I can still access the DM only section, you'll just have to trust that I will resist the temptation to cheat (I will, where's the fun in unfair advantages?).
Laela Flaertes
Laela Flaertes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Laela Flaertes Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:05 am

Another note, Nathan, I've taken the liberty of pulling the picture of Guilder Kaelin off of birthright.net and making him your avatar. For others who would wish to do the same the .png format used by birthright.net is not compatible with forumotion, save image as a .jpg on your computer, or if the file is too large for forumotion to accept, open it in Paint and save it as a .gif, then upload it to the forum.
Laela Flaertes
Laela Flaertes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guilder Kalien Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 am

Thanks for all the work, R, not least my Kalien pic. Your concerns about too many admins are just. And I have no interest in anything technical, in DnD or in real life. But I *do* need access to any locked thread.

Also, the plan seems to be this: a topic for each PC country in which each player starts a thread for each of their actions (domains, courts, etc). The DM(s) will reply to threads with regency counterbids, adjustments to the DC, information gained, etc.

Example:

In the Endier section, I might make the following threads:
Domain: Rule Province: Endier: 6--> 7: DC 14 (16 - 2 (M. Adm.)), + 5 regency
Court: Espionage: Endier: +10 regency: morale of populace, assassination threats, etc.

Other ideas to maximize this forum are most welcome.
Guilder Kalien
Guilder Kalien

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum